What is Reflexology?
Reflexology today is a precisely defined form of treatment based on the principle that the anatomy of the body is reflected in miniature on reflex zones on the feet and also on the hands (though a little less defined). It has been around for thousands of years. By using specific techniques of holds and pressures on these regions, healing is both initiated and accelerated in the corresponding area of the body. Sometimes the body is in a state of ‘imbalance’ following illness or injury, disease or stress and energy pathways are blocked preventing the body from functioning effectively. I qualified as a general reflexologist in 2000, and have been qualified in all aspects of preconception and maternity reflexology since 2001, therefore I can treat anyone!
Benefits of Reflexology
- It speeds up circulation.
- It speeds up lymphatic drainage.
- It can help to increase endorphins (your own body’s pain killers).
- It can help to detox and rid the body of toxins.
- It can kick start the healing process.
- It can induce a deep state of relaxation and sleep.
Reasons why people may book a reflexology treatment / course of treatments
- Pre Conception – Preparing to Conceive, Addressing Pre Conception Health
- Fertility Support – Reducing Stress of “trying” for a baby, Hormonal Imbalances, P.C.O.S.
- Pregnancy Relaxation, Preparing for Birth, Menopause issues.
- Acute and Chronic Conditions, Digestive Disorders, Migraines/Headaches Aches/Pains.
- Sleep Disorders and General Relaxation.
- It may help stress related conditions.
- To try as a more Natural “Induction of Labour” or Relaxation at the End of Pregnancy.
- To try to “turn” a Breech Baby to head down, or a More Optimal Position.
- ALL aspects of ALL women’s health. As a Present bought by someone kind! Birthdays, Baby Shower, Christmas Present etc.
At your first appointment
I will take a full medical and lifestyle history, please let me know before booking if you have a medical condition or have any serious health concerns. I cannot treat you if you have any infections of the feet or you have any blood clots. If in doubt please discuss when you call.
The first appointment includes a Consultation. Benefits are cumulative and many have weekly sessions for 6 weeks then less frequently depending on the reason for attending. Equally some benefit from one or two sessions or have as a “treat” or “pampering” session.
My “POD” may be just what you need to unwind and relax. Never underestimate the power of a relaxed body to promote healing and the knock on benefits of that are often amazing!
Please allow up to 1.5 hours for the first reflexology session. Here is some information about Reflexology: www.youtu.be/shcf-LJB35s