Reflexology in Pregnancy
“If the mother has access to just one type of treatment during pregnancy, the best all-around treatment in pregnancy would be Reflexology.”
Dr Gowri Motha, The Gentle Birth Method
Reasons that women come to me for Reflexology in Pregnancy:
- For general relaxation and to reduce stress.
- To induce sleep, they may be suffering from insomnia.
- Suffering a lack of energy, feeling sluggish.
- Aches and pains, e.g backache, pelvic girdle dysfunction, sciatica.
- Digestive disorders e.g constipation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- To prepare for labour and birth (a relaxed body works more efficient than a tense body).
- To support optimal fetal positioning e.g baby is presenting breech.
- At the end of pregnancy, when they are “fed up” and need to relax and/ or to “try” to induce labour without medication.
- As a result of a Gift Voucher, bought for them in pregnancy, by someone kind!